Thursday, February 3, 2011

HOAX - Demo 2010


Hoax are a band that recently formed in western Massachusetts that display the uglier, darker side of hardcore that I love most. It's direct, it's mean and it gives you nothing pretty or sincere in return for the straight-forward blend of music they deliver to the listener.  I just recently stumbled across this band from a post on a blog I frequent called I Could Die Tomorrow.  "Living On The Brink of Suicide," the final track on this demo, is  a song I can relate to during this cold, bleak winter that just doesn't seem to end here in western New York.  I highly recommend this record to the person that has been looking for a break but gets the door to the face. I recommend this to those who's nights drag on longer than the days without any salvation. Stick in there and take a listen, people can relate.

Hoax - Cassette Demo 2010
1. Stuck
2. Dead Weight
3. Suicide Pact
4. Imposter
5. Living On The Brink of Suicide

1 comment: