Thursday, January 13, 2011

Bad Brains - Rock For Light


If I could write everything I wanted to about the Bad Brains I would, but it would be a novel...BUT the story is that interesting, so check it here. Bad Brains destroyed punk rock. At least "Rock For Light" and the "S/T" releases, which have inspired famous artists from Mos Def and the Beastie Boys to countless others around the world. Ric Ocasek really got the intensity that Bad Brains broadcast on this record. A former jazz fusion turned punk rock/reggae act, to me this record is the pinnacle of the fire the Bad Brains created together. From loved reggae tunes like "I and I Survive" to more rocking "Banned In DC", this record is great for getting out of a winter time slump! Bring on the sunshine!

Bad Brains - Rock For Light
1. Coptic Times
2. Attitude
3.  We Will Not
4. Sailin' On
5. Rally 'Round Jah Throne
6. Right Brigade
7. F.V.K. (Fearless Vampire Killers)
8. Riot Squad
9. The Meek Shall Inherit The Earth
10. Joshua's Song
11. Banned In D.C.
12. How Low Can A Punk Get
13. Big Takeover
14. I And I Survive
15. Destroy Babylon
16.  Rock For Light
17. At The Movies

No comments:

Post a Comment