Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Reprobates - Stress EP


Toronto, Ontario in the past 10 years has made huge waves in the punk/hardcore scene with such acts as Career Suicide, Fucked Up, Terminal State, among many others!  A couple years ago, while on a trip to Toronto, I entered a bar in the College district absolutely wasted and stumbled upon a punk show.  The show wasn't bad, but little did I know what I was in for with the headliners of the night, Reprobates.  As soon as they went on, it  was an all out assault of fierce punk/hardcore.  Gabby's guitar picking was ferociously fast, while Shawn's vocals followed suit with the sound of a man that clearly has lost his mind. As the set continued, bodies were being flipped and thrown everywhere! Before I could comprehend all this madness that was happening in front of me, the band stopped and the show was over.  For all I know, this is the only release Reprobates ever put out (with No Way Records); but at a little under 9 minutes, this is one of the angriest, best punk records I have heard in a long while.

Reprobates - Stress EP
1. Failure
2. Rat Maze
3. Stress
4. Abandoned
5. Gone To Shit

No comments:

Post a Comment